A Simple Way To Make Yourself Even More Super
- Eat meat, fish or seafood and use only salt (no other spices, soy sauce, mirin or sake, garlic, ginger) as a seasoning.
- You can eat until you are full.
- Eat meat that has more fat in it. Try to avoid chicken breast without the skin as it’s ultra-low in fat.
- Drink water. For you die-hard caffeine addicts, you could have straight black coffee or tea, as well.
Here is What You Can Eat
What is so Special About This Diet?
- It’s an elimination diet. Meaning that it eliminates the foods that cause the most problems in the body.
- This diet will reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation appears as pain, stiffness, fatigue, fever, sores, rashes, excessive mucus production (always having to clear your throat or blow your nose).
- You will lose all addictions to food and drinks on this diet. You may not believe it, but I can say from my experience on this diet, that it’s true.
- Once you eat enough fat each day, you will probably only eat once or twice per day with no desire for snacking.
If You Want to Have the Most Effective Strategy to Finding Out Which Foods Cause You Inflammation, Try This:
Eat only beef seasoned with salt and drink only water. Why beef? Beef appears to be the best meat due to the cow’s digestive systems. They have four stomachs that, in essence, eliminate plant-based chemicals and toxins from their digestive system so that when we eat the meat of a cow, beef, it is free of these chemicals and toxins.
I did this beef, salt and water only approach for 30 days during the summer of 2019 and it was great experience.
Where I Recommend Buying Beef in Japan
If you are on a budget, I recommend Hanamasa. If you want grass-fed beef, I recommend getting it from The Meat Guy. I ordered the following cuts, as the more grass-fed organic beef you can get, the better. It has a better ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 and has been raised more ethically. Here are some of the cuts that I bought:
- Grass-fed Aussie ground beef
- Grass-Fed Tenderloin Filet Cubes
- Grass-fed Striploin Block
- Grass-fed beef fat – used as oil and for extra fat.
Keep it Simple
I think the only way you are going to really KNOW if this works for you is to do it 100%. It can take around 2-3 weeks to really see the effects of the diet on things like allergies, but you may notice changes more quickly.
Try your best to avoid eating out if you can. In the worst case, communicate well with your server or even better, talk with the chef directly. You definitely don’t want a steak that is cooked with seed oils such as canola, sunflower or safflower. Ask them to use beef fat or butter only. If you are In Japan and decide to include fish in your diet, you can get high-quality fish at restaurants, but again, make sure that it is not smothered in sugar, soy sauce and mirin (rice wine for cooking), which is the typical seasoning in traditional Japanese cuisine. Sometimes the restaurant staff don’t have a clue of the components of each dish, as most Japanese people don’t ask such finicky questions:-) Eggs are pretty safe to order, but again, make sure that they use real butter and not some margarine or hydrogenated oils to prepare them.
For a beautiful lady around 50kg (110lbs)
You need about 1.8g of protein per kilogram of body weight, so you need about 90g of protein per day. To maintain your body weight, you need about 1.25g of fat per 1g of protein, so in this case, you need about 113g of fat per day. In the case that you want to gain weight, you will want to increase your fat to 1.5g (135g) to 2g (180g) of fat per 1g of protein.
For a dashing gent around 75kg (165lbs)
You need 1.8g of protein per kilogram of body weight, so you need about 135g of protein per day. To maintain your body weight, you need about 1.25g of fat per 1g of protein, so in this case, you need about 169g of fat per day. In the case that you want to gain weight, you will want to increase your fat to 1.5g (203g) to 2g (270g) of fat per 1g of protein.
Don’t worry that much about the details in the beginning, but eventually, say after about one month of doing the carnivore diet, you want to make sure that you eat more fat than protein.
You May Feel Satisfied on One Meal A Day (OMAD)
When I did this diet, I ate 2 meals per day without any desire for snacks at all. My body was using fat instead of sugar (glucose/glycogen) for energy and fat lasts a long time – 16+ hours between dinner and breakfast and 5+ hours between breakfast and dinner. On the carnivore diet, fasting is fairly easy and I felt that I could be satisfied with an OMAD (One Meal A Day) approach to eating if I chose to go that route.
Simple Carnivore Meal Plan
Here is an idea of things you could eat on a flexible carnivore diet:
I recommend 2 meals per day, but am sharing 3 here just in case you feel you need them. Eat slowly until you are satisfied. It’s a very intuitive way of eating – very primal. Only eat again when you are truly hungry.
- 2-4 eggs cooked in grass-fed butter with fatty pork. Make sure the pork is only pork, not processed bacon. Processed bacon is usually full of sugar and other chemicals you would be better without.
- 115-230g (4-8oz) hamburger or beef steak
- 150g (3oz) salmon with butter
- 10g of Salmon roe (Ikura), which is very high in Iodine and Omega-3.
- 150g (8oz) grass-fed ribeye steak
Next Level Carnivore – Yikes!! Bring on the Organ Meats!!
This level is for you if you are open to eating organ meats like liver and grass-fed beef trimmings or suet (beef kidney fat). Muscle meats are very rich in many vitamins and minerals but don’t cover all of them. This “Next Level Carnivore” diet helps fill in many of the possible nutrients, such as vitamins & minerals, that a strict muscle meat diet does not provide.
Here is a good case in point. 322g of chicken liver & hearts has more vitamin C than 2 medium lemons. Organ meats are amazingly rich in both vitamins and minerals. Very high in protein as well. There are 79g of protein in these chicken livers and hearts below.
Wrapping it Up
I am not doing the Carnivore Diet at this time, but am glad that I did. It was liberating for three reasons:
- For the first time in my life, I lost all addiction to food and eating
- I only needed to eat once or twice a day
- Shopping and cooking was ultra simple
If you have any questions or comments, shoot!
Thanks for reading.