Semi-private sessions are based on what we call holistic training. Holistic training is strength training that considers each individual client and optimizes their health by improving their speed, power, strength, mobility, balance, stability, and aerobic fitness. During a 60-minute Semi-Private session, we focus on whole-body strength and conditioning. Every six weeks the program changes for variety of movement and so that clients can upgrade their repertoire and skill set. Training is tailored based on each client’s experience and skills, so even beginners can participate.
The safety of our clients is of utmost importance to us, so we make sure that each client performs every exercise with proper technique. We don’t progress clients until they have “earned the right” to progress, meaning that they have demonstrated confidence, high skill and have completed the required criteria for moving up in weight or difficulty. We aim to improve by 1% or more each session, so our clients develop confidence and a sense of achievement when they realize how much they are improving. Via this wise approach to progressing over time, our clients start experiencing greater health, strength, mobility, performance, and a higher quality of life in as little as three to six months.
To properly care for each client, our Semi-Private sessions are limited to 3-5 clients. The session length is 60-minutes.
Semi-private sessions are perfect for those who want to improve their strength in a holistic way and enjoy training with others. Pricing starts from 26,400 yen per month for 4 sessions.
Session Flow (The following program is an example)
Our Warmups have 2 parts:
Part 1 – Movement Warm up as a Team
This is a simple mobility warm up that takes about five minutes to complete. We warm up the entire body from head to toe preparing the joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments. We also connect with each other through light conversation and sometimes share some highlights of our week.
Part 2 – Deep Stretching, Power Movements, Balance, and Speed-Coordination Drills
We work on these in a circuit which lasts about 4 minutes.
Station 1: Medicine Ball Slam (Upper Body Power)
Station 2: Rope walk (Balance and Coordination)
Station 3: Hanging (Upper Body Deep Stretching)
Station 4: Jump catch (Whole Body Power)
The Main Sets
Incorporating strength training and core training in a well-balanced manner, we carry out exercises that suit each client’s level.
We train the whole body.
Station 1: Kettlebell Deadlift (Target muscles – the entire back side of the body, core and grip)
Station 2: Push up (Target muscles – Chest, front deltoids, triceps and core)
Station 3: Side plank (Target muscles – the core and especially the obliques)
Station 4: Seated Cable Row (Target muscles – the upper back, rear deltoids, biceps and grip)
We run two main sets to cover all the functional movements of the body, the second main set will generally target muscles such as shoulders, hamstrings, core, arms and upper and lower back.
Here is a sample of our Cardio Strength Training:
Station 1: Battle Ropes (Upper Body and Core focused)
Station 2: Duck Unders (Lower Body and Coordination focused)
Station 3: Military Push Ups (Upper Body and Core focused)
Station 4: Jump Rope (Calf & Quadriceps and Coordination focused)
This is what we consider a very well-balanced, holistic training session that has our clients reaching their health, fitness, fat-loss and muscle-gaining goals.
If our holistic approach to health and fitness looks like a good fit for you, please book a trial session with us to give us a test drive.
Trial Session (60min)
This session includes Private training and counseling.
When booking directly from our website, the price is ¥5,500 (tax included). We appreciate your business, so to show our appreciation, we offer this trial session at half price (normally ¥11,000 (tax included)). This trial session offer is a one time offer only.
【The Flow of the Trial Session】
- First, apply for your session through our trial session form below by filling in your name and email address.
- You should immediately receive an email from us in your inbox. Please check your spam folder if you don’t see it right away in your main inbox. If you experience any problems, please call us at 080-5694-2461 and we help you with the details.
- In the email you receive from us, there will be a link to a form where you can book your top three preferences for a trial session. Once you fill out that form, hit the send button.
- We will contact you within 12 hours with your session date and time and give you the payment details.
- Once you make the payment, we will confirm your payment by email. This email contains the following:
- Details about your session through our online booking system.
- A simple form asking you details pertinent to your health & fitness goals, your current challenges, previous injuries and any inquiries you may have that you want answered at your trial session. Based on the details you share in this form, we will create a customized training program especially for you. Please fill out all details in the questionnaire so we can serve you at the highest level possible.
- Our Northstar Fitness Online Regulations form, which is a release form. Please fill this out and submit it to us.
- Finally, please make sure to wear comfortable clothes on the day.
Get off the train at Sugamo Station on JR (Japan Railway) Yamanote Line/ Toei Mita Line. It is a 5-minute walk from the Station to NORTHSTAR FITNESS.
Or get off the train at Komagome Station on JR (Japan Railway) Yamanote Line/ Tokyo metro. It is a 10-minute walk from the Station to NORTHSTAR FITNESS.
Trial Session Request Form
Please fill in 3 possible times, in the order of preference, that you would like to have your trial session. We will do our best to accommodate your request. Please note that we are not open on Mondays or Tuesdays, so we ask you to make your requests between Wednesday and Sunday.