Who is Jelly-Jenny-Jane?
Jelly-Jenny-Jane, who I will refer to as Jane in this article, is a smart, cute, and upbeat 42-year-old female who came to us with a strong WHY. She was fed up of not being happy with her shape around her tummy and hips. A strong, internal decision was made that it was time for a transformation. She had a clear image of herself, looking and feeling sexy, wearing a little bikini in Phuket, Thailand by June 2022. Jane came to us in mid-November 2021. This is a photo of her between her coaching team on the first official day of her transformative journey.
How Did Jane Find Us?
A magnanimous man by the name of Matt Stone, was a regular customer of Jane’s Thai restaurant, Aiyara, in Nakano, Tokyo. She saw Matt’s physique transform over the span of a year by dropping over 23kg (50lbs). Here’s a peek at Matt’s transformation.
When she asked him how he did it, he kindly took her outside, had her look up at the night sky and suddenly burst into song: ♫Do you see what I see? A star, a star shining in the night♫. He then paused and gave her our contact details : )
She arrived at our door and after a trial session decided to work with us to support her in achieving her bikini body.
Our Strategy For Jane
1. Make Daily Fasting Your Friend
Since her goal was fat-reduction, we first set her up on a 16-hour fasting schedule with an 8-hour eating window.
- When we fast, our insulin levels decrease significantly and lipolysis begins. At that point, the body uses its own fat stores for energy.
- It reduces insulin resistance, which results in decreased risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
- It decreases inflammation in the body, which can ease chronic health issues such as aches and pains in the body, asthma and allergies.
2. Implement a Low-Carb or Ketogenic Approach to Eating for a Fast Transformation
Our definition of Low-Carb is less than 100g of carbs per day. This allows people some space to eat fun foods but in moderation.
Our definition of Ketogenic is under 50g of carbs per day. Ideally, we ask clients to only eat carbs with the last meal of the day when possible, to keep them in or close to ketosis for about 20+ hours per day.
Why Low Carb?
3. Training Twice Per Week
- It increases lean muscle which makes you stronger.
- Having more lean muscle increases your metabolic rate, which allows you to burn more calories when you are resting.
- Strength training can increase your metabolic rate up to 72 hours after a session, which means if you are training twice a week your metabolic rate should be optimized nearly the entire week.
- You will start to look at your body in a more optimistic way, which can boost your self-esteem.
How We Optimize Accountability Between Client and Coach
Accountability via the Northstar Fitness App
We had Jane report her body weight first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. She also logged in her daily fasting hours until they become an effortless habit. She also submitted her meals every day by taking a simple photo of them with simple explanations, as you can see in this photo.
Normally, we don’t take photos until the 12-Week phase is complete, but since Jane had such great results, we took photos at the 4-Week mark. You will be able to see her changes in the results below.
Results After 4 Weeks
Jane went from 52.5kg (116lbs) to 47.5kg (105lbs) in 4 weeks. That’s a total loss 5kg. Because she committed to the Ketogenic approach, she lost a good amount of water due to the decrease of carbohydrates, but she was on fire with enthusiasm and drive due to her undeniably amazing progress. You can see the details in how quickly her body weight dropped in the results from the Northstar Fitness app here.
Waist Measurement Results
Progress Photo Results
Although Jane is wearing different clothing in these shots, we hope you can see the transformation that took place.
Jane's Amazing 4-Week Transformation Summary
We hope you can see from Jane’s 4-Week Journey what can be accomplished in as little as 28-days in terms of a physical transformation. The plan was set and Jane did the work. She is an A+ student. Jane proves that anyone with a WHY strong enough to drive daily action can lead to a complete transformation in as little as 4 weeks.
Jane’s Mental & Emotional Results
She feels great about herself for sticking to her plan and making her dream come true. Her self-esteem has improved and she knows that she has the skills to:
- Maintain what she has accomplished and
- Further improve her physique if she chooses to.
Jane’s Physical Results
- She lost 5kg (11lbs) of fat
- Lost 5.5cm (2.2 inches) off her waist
- She saw her body change and went from wearing a the ladies “L” size (Large) to being able to comfortably wear an “S” size (Small).
We work with most clients for at least 12 weeks and that is exactly what we did with Jane.
If you would like to learn more about Jane’s Transformation beyond these first 4 weeks, stay tuned. We are currently writing an article with more details of her entire journey, which allowed her to drop over 7.5kg (16.5 lbs) in 12-weeks.
We are very blessed to know Jane and to be able to share her transformation with you.
If you are interested in our coaching, please contact us here and we can set up a meeting. We can help you achieve your ideal level of health and fitness whether you come in to see us face to face or via online coaching.
If you need to work on your courage to commit, this article “3 Game-Changing Commitments for Successful Fat-Loss” may empower you.
If you live in Tokyo or will visit in the future, please stop by and visit Jane at her restaurant Aiyara in Nakano. She’s always a joy to be around.
Wishing you Love, Joy, Health and Freedom!
Bodhi & Hitomi